Organised by the Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB), the largest ever local e-sports extravaganza, the ICBC (Asia) e-Sports & Music Festival Hong Kong, will be staged from 24 to 26 August (Friday to Sunday) in Hall 3 of the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC).
This year, the Festival will be larger in scale and three top international e-sports tournaments will be staged: the acclaimed “Return of the Legends 2018” and the two brand new tournaments – the “ZOTAC CUP MASTERS CS:GO 2018 Grand Finals” and the “Hong Kong PUBG World Invitational”. The tournaments will feature over 110 players from all over the world. The Experience Zone, one of the highlights of the Festival, will be scaled up to include the latest e-sports and related products.
Largest local e-sports tournaments
The ICBC (Asia) e-Sports and Music Festival Hong Kong will include three top international e-sports tournaments, featuring a strong player line-up and the highest prize pool in Hong Kong’s e-sports history.
- Elevated international e-sports tournaments
- In the “Return of the Legends 2018”, former winners of world championships and other legendary players will form two teams, Team East and Team West, to compete for glory.
- The prize pool of the “ZOTAC CUP MASTERS CS:GO 2018 Grand Finals” is US$300,000 (over HK$2 million), setting a new record in Hong Kong’s e-sports tournament.
- Fourteen international and two local teams will compete for the “Hong Kong PUBG World Invitational” championship, with prize money of US$150,000 (over HK$1 million), which is the largest amount ever in local PUBG tournaments.
- Over 110 local and international players will participate in the three e-sports tournaments, including renowned local player Tabe, who was on the first runner-up team in the “League of Legends World Championship”.
Experience Zone showcases the latest e-sports products
In addition to adrenaline-pumping e-sports tournaments, there will be an Experience Zone, showcasing the latest e-sports-related products and featuring game displays, VR experience, mobile game trials, KOL stages, and music performances. Visitors can enjoy fascinating activities and experience game products first-hand.
The HKTB is also partnering with the CHKCI (Chamber of Hong Kong Computer Industry) to provide a special ticket promotion with the Hong Kong Computer & Communications Festival. Visitors can enjoy a special ticket price to enter the two events.
Live broadcasts of the e-sports tournaments
The HKTB will collaborate with key online platforms and will live stream three e-sports tournaments in three languages (Cantonese, Mandarin and English).
Tickets for all e-sports tournaments in the ICBC (Asia) e-Sports & Music Festival Hong Kong will be available for sale at hkticketing.com from 12 July onwards and are priced at HK$250 HK$120 and HK$50. The admission fee to the Experience Zone is HK$10. Tickets will be available at the HKCEC box office during the Festival.
Ticket holders of the Hong Kong Computer & Communication Festival 2018 will be entitled to free admission to the ICBC (Asia) e-Sports & Music Festival Hong Kong — Experience Zone on the same day; and ticket holders of the ICBC (Asia) e-Sports & Music Festival Hong Kong e-sports tournaments will be entitled to free admission to both the Experience Zone and the Hong Kong Computer & Communication Festival 2018 in Hall 1 of the HKCEC on the same day.
For ticketing and other details about the ICBC (Asia) e-Sports & Music Festival Hong Kong, please visit the website here.